The Department of Mathematics and ICT Education was established in 2016. It was introduced as a result of the implementation of three-tier collegiate system of the College of Education Studies, UCC in 2016. Before it establishment, the department had run as Computer Science Education Unit in the Department of Science and Mathematics Education.
Outline of the Programmes of Study
The programmes that are run by the Department are outlined below:
· Bachelor of Education [Mathematics]
· Bachelor of Education [Computer Science]
· M.Phil. [Mathematics Education]
· PhD [Mathematics Education]
· M.Ed [Mathematics Education]
The Department is developing a Postgraduate studies programme in Instructional Technology/E-learning leading to a an MPhil/PhD. It is hoped that the programme will be approved to begin in the 2016/17 academic year.